Selasa, 09 Mei 2023

Activities In April 2023

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19-20) 

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8). 

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (I Corinthians 15:58). 

I am thankful to God and glory be to Him for the mission work that has been going well until now. The activities I did in April 2023 described as follows:

Taught Prospects

There are two prospects who have been active in studying the word of God with me. A lot of discussions with them during our study, especially doctrine issues and I asked them to open their Bible to find the answers from Scriptures related to the issues. Sometimes they tried to give their opinions that did not fit to what the Bible says. I did not force them and it depends on them to accept or not what the Bible says. And interestingly, many facts in the Bible new to them because they never thought nor knew before. There is another prospect who did not continue her study with me for two months. I kept asking her to reschedule our time for study, and she told me to wait for information from her about it. She is a student of a university and apprenticing in a company. I hope she is still interested in studying the Bible with me. One of church members' daughter had an appointment with me to study the Bible, but she has been preparing herself for university entrance exam, therefore, we postpone to study the Bible together.   . 




Distributed Tracts

I kept distributing tracts regularly to people, prospects and church members as well. Hopefully as they read them, they will know the truth about the subjects presented in those tracts, even they may be interested more to study the Bible one on one in the future. 


Translated Books

Finally, I have finished translating a book entitled "Life-Changing Questions" and it is available in Indonesian. It is better for the book to be printed and distributed to the brethren for their growth in knowledge and faith and as a reference book as well. Another translation projek which is still on proccess of translating is entitled "Bible Study Program." This material is for Bible classes.


Online Bible Courses

I kept regularly replying new enrollments and checked the answers of students submitted in these Online Bible Courses. Many of them had been rewarded certificates after the completion of all courses, even some of them took three different series of Bible courses and also joined the virtual Bible class, and some wanted to study one on one, but unfortunately in some live in the area where no churches.


Virtual Bible Study for Prospects (Denomination Members)

The program is conducted on Thursday evening at 20.00 - 21.00 PM twice in a month. Our team (leaders from several churches of Christ) had set general topics of the Bible to be presented in the classes, and some topics were taught in October. Every class has a prayer, moderator, teacher, and co-teachers. After prayer, the teacher presents a lesson, then moderator will encourage prospects or students to ask questions, and teachers and co-teachers will answer those questions from the Bible. It is very interesting to them that we always bring them to the Bible, and the Bible itself answers the questions, although sometimes we support what the Bible says with facts from from history, archeology, and other sciences. We also encourage those students/prospects to study one on one with preachers and to visit churches of Christ in their cities, like in Jakarta, Manado, Surabaya, and other cities. We never know, one day some of them will obey the gospel of Christ. 


Visited A Prison

On 22 April 2023 along with a moslem holiday, Idul Fitri, I visited again prison in Makassar and this time I succeeded to meet someone that I failed to meet in March 2023. I was very glad to meet him and we had few minutes to talk together, especially to encaurage him, before I left him. I promised him to visit again next month, and hoping I will be allowed to meet him.


Scheduled for Subang Jaya Annual Seminar

I was contacted by a brother from Subang Jaya Church of Christ and asked if I was willing to be a speaker for the annual seminar that will fall on May 1 2023. Without hesitation I accepted that honorary.


Bible Class

Makassar Church of Christ continued to conduct the Bible classes on Sundays after worship using a book entitled "The Beginning of Our Confidence" (lessons designed for new Christians) and other topics. These lessons can help church members to grow in the knowledge of God's word and apply them in daily life.


Sunday Worship

We worship regularly at a rented building every Sunday. Sometimes brethren from other local congregations who came to Makassar also attend our worship assembly and our visitors as well. In April, we had a guest who came to worship with us. She came two weeks in a row.


Makassar, 09 May 2023, 
Harun Tamale 

Mission Monthly Report in Makassar Under the supervision of GSJKDI Sawangan, Sawangan Village Jaga IV, Kec. Tombulu, Minahasa, North Sulawesi 95662. 
Email: haruntamale@gmail.com 
Blog: https://mission-report.blogspot.com/
logoblog