Minggu, 01 Mei 2022

Activities In April 2022

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19-20)

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8).

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (I Corinthians 15:58).

The mission work that I did in April 2022 in Makassar city is going well. The activities were as follows:

Tracting

I am always excited to share the available tracts. I would like to thank Yayasan Pendidikan Alkitab Agape where NSSBS is sheltered, in which its building also used by the Sawangan Christ Church (the sponsoring congregation) for worship, being willing to print the tracts that I have translated and send them along with Seeking For Truth 1-10 lessons. The tracts also sent to other local congregations. I distributed them including to several restaurants employees and to restaurant owner, parents of students at school, etc. I always hope and pray that they will read the tracts they have received and one day they will be interested in face-to-face learning and call my contact number listed on each tract. I also sent these translated tracts in MSWord format to Section 17 CoC in Malaysia to print by themselves and distribute to prospects there.

Teaching Prospects

On April 8, 2022, after I developed interest and asked two prospects, mother and daughter, three questions: "Does God Exist?", "If There Is, Who Is God?", "Is Judgment Day Coming? ?", and made a face-to-face learning agreement at their home, so I started teaching them on April 13, 2022 from 20.30 to 22.00 CIT. I used Seeking For Truth 1 (Fisher of Men) lesson in teaching them. There was a lot of discussion during our study, and it was so interesting that some things from the lesson they had never known before. We have just finished lessons from MK1 number 5, and we planned to continue it on April 16, 2022.

I contacted them again on April 16 to continue the lesson, but the prospects were unable to do due to personal matters and the next study would be rescheduled. Hopefully these two prospects will be interested in continuing their studies.

A Prospect Candidate

On April 12, 2022, I was contacted by one of the brothers in Christ of Christ Bandoa East Luwu, Bro. Frans, who introduced his sister to me to be guided and taught in spiritual matter. She gave her sister's phone number and I called her that day to confirm my conversation with her brother by phone, as well as introducing myself and asked when I could visit her house. She was excited to be visited, but she wanted to talk to her husband about a good time for me to visit them. The location of their house is in Maros district, quite far from Makassar city. But that's not an axcuse to not visit them.

Translation Projects

While continuing to translate two of the materials, "Life-Changing Questions" and "Programme of Bible Studies," I added more tracts and a correspondence course materials to the list of translation projects.

In April 2022, I finished translating 7 lessons of the Bible correspondence course entitled "Seeking the Truth". These course materials has also been sent to Yayasan Pendidikan Alkitab Agape to be printed and distributed to local congregations who are interested in using it in evangelism. Even Section 17 Congregation of Christ has also requested these materials in MSWord format and I have sent it to them to print by themselves and available for evangelism in purpose.

For tracts, besides the material I chose for myself to translate, there is also material suggested by brotherhood to be translated. With the availability of these translated materials, I have more methods to use in evangelism.

Online Bible Course

I still regularly check new registrations and participant answers. The participants came from various cities in Indonesia. In the city of Makassar itself, there has been no change from the previous participants, there are still two people. Hopefully they will continue to be enthusiastic about doing the course lessons. Hopefully more people in Makassar to register the form of  online Bible course. The participants from other cities, who also wanted to study the Bible one-on-one, I leave them to the evangelists who work in those cities, so they can follow them up.

Bible Class

Makassar Church of Christ continued to have Bible classes on Sundays using a book entitled "The Beginning of Our Confidence" (lessons designed for new Christians). Hopefully this lesson can help the growth of spiritual knowledge of church members.


Makassar, 30 April 2022,
Harun Tamale

Monthly Report on Mission in Makassar Under the Supervision of GSJKDI Sawangan, Desa Sawangan Jaga IV, Kec. Tombulu, Minahasa, North Sulawesi 95662.
Email: haruntamale@gmail.com
Blog: https://mission-report.blogspot.com/
logoblog