Jumat, 02 September 2022

Activities In August 2022

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19-20) 

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8). 

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (I Corinthians 15:58). 

We are greatful to God for the continuity of mission work in Makassar that went well in August 2022. The following activities had been done and some even have been going on:

Teaching Prospects

I have been teaching two prospects using Search For Truth (SFT) lessons. We had finished 5 an half SFTs or we had studied several points of SFT 6. We spent more times in this lesson, because students asked more questions and they have been realizing that they are in sins. I tried to encourage them to obey the gospel of salvation. We will continue to finish SFT 6 and start next SFTs in September 2022.  Besides these two prospects, I also continued the study with another prospect using Bible correspondence course materials, because she has been taking the course. The prospect is old woman, so I taught patiently and slowly in order for her to understand the truth. We will also continue the study in September 2022.

Translating Tracts

In August 2022 I translated two tracts entitled: The Worship of the Church of Christ and The way, the truth, the life. These tracts are added to the available ones so the churches in Indonesia have more tracts to be contributed to the people around them. 

Distributing Tracts

I kept distributing tracts regularly to people. I always hope and pray that they read the tracts and affect their life and even more they want to study one on one. Among those who got the tracts, there was one of denomination leader commented positively on tracts that are designed in simple way and attractive for readers and easy to understand as well. 

Continuation of Translation Projects

I continued to translate two books, namely "Life-Changing Questions" and "Bible Study Program." Hopefully they will be closer to the end of translation so that later these books can be printed and used in Bible classes, personal reading, and even as a reference books that have rich information.

Online Bible Courses

I still regularly responded new enrollments and checked the answers of students submitted in this Online Bible Courses. The students came from various cities in Indonesia. In the city of Makassar itself, there has been no change from the previous students, there are still two students. Hopefully they will keep enthusiastic to complete the courses.

Virtual Bible Study for Prospects

The program has been going for a month. Besides on Tuesday, we conduct it on Thursday evening at 20.00 - 21.00 PM. We do that because some prospects are only able to join the classes on Tuesday and the others on Thursday. The materials presented in these classes are related to the Online Bible Courses as posted on this website https://sabdainjil.com. During the discussion sessions, we encourage prospects or students to ask questions and teachers, including me, would answer those questions from the Bible. We also encourage those students to visit churches of Christ in their cities, like in Jakarta, Manado, Surabaya, and other cities. We never know, one day some of them will obey the gospel of Christ. 

Bible Class

Makassar Church of Christ continued to conduct the Bible classes on Sundays using a book called "The Beginning of Our Confidence" (lessons designed for new Christians) as well as certain other topics. Hopefully these lessons can help church members to grow in the knowledge of God's word.

A Visit From the Sponsoring and Supervising Congregation

As a sponsoring and supervising congregation, Sawangan COC sent one leader, Bro. Carolus Paruntu to visit Makassar COC and to see the mission work in Makassar. We welcomed him on Saturday, 27 August 2022 and the church provided a hotel for him and he spent two nights. I presented the work I have been doing and he also gave ideas and encouragements for the mission work. I really appreciate them and thank Sawangan COC for this visit. 

A Motorcycle for Mission Work

I would like to thank Section 17 COC and Kota Kemuning COC who help to buy a motorcycle for mission work. I had bought it on 31 August 2022 and I have been driving for the work. It is really helpful for my mobility in doing work.

Need of Funds for House Rent

My family and I have decided to continue to stay at the same house for the next second year. We need to rent it again. The deadline of payment for the rent will be on 10 September 2022. It needs US$1.200. According to the financial statement reported by my supervising congregation (Sawangan COC), there is a balance Rp 10.750.700 (about US$730) from first year support (September 2021 - August 2022). 

Makassar, 02 September 2022, 
Harun Tamale 

Mission Monthly Report in Makassar Under the supervision of GSJKDI Sawangan, Sawangan Village Jaga IV, Kec. Tombulu, Minahasa, North Sulawesi 95662. 
Email: haruntamale@gmail.com 
Blog: https://mission-report.blogspot.com/
logoblog