Selasa, 04 Oktober 2022

Activities In September 2022

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19-20) 

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8). 

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (I Corinthians 15:58). 

I am greatful to God for His blessings upon the mission work in Makassar. The report for September 2022 as follows:

Teaching and Baptizing Prospects

I continued teaching prospects using SFTs 6 and 7 lessons. We still spent more times in these two lessons, discussing more about the steps of salvation and the church of Christ. I kept encouraging them to obey the gospel of salvation. Praise the Lord! On Sunday, 11 September 20022 after worshiped they decided to be baptized for the remission of their sins and one of them is my daughter. I am so happy and proud of her because by her obedience to the gospel of Christ, all of my children are Christians as I am now. I kept teaching them regularly on other topics in SFTs. I also visited another prospect and Bible correspondence student, but she was sick and could not study until she gets better. I told her that I will come again and will see if we can continue the study in the days to come. She is very enthusiastic to study the Bible.
























Discussing Spiritual Topics With A Relative

On Monday, 19 September 2022, in the evening I went to visit a relative at his house. He welcomed me and  had discussion about spiritual topics, such as a Christian life, Godhead, Churches/denominations, dan Religion. He is a member of denominational church, even he is one of leaders in his church. Most of spiritual matters he talked about are contradictory to the Bible. I tried my best to led him to the Bible every time he brought up his arguments. He did not show his disagreement to what I explained in responding what he addressed. He admitted that he needs to study more and more Bible, and he liked to have time discussing spiritual things with me. I said and he agreed to discuss more topics in other times in the future. I also give him several tracts and books to read.
 
Translating Tracts

In September 2022 I translated two tracts again entitled: What Happens When You Die? and The Second Coming of Christ. These tracts are added to the available ones so the churches of Christ have more tracts to contribute to the people. I will do more translation works in the future.

Distributing Tracts and Books

I kept distributing tracts regularly to people. In addition, I also give some books to certain people. The books are free from a local church in Jakarta, Blok M Church of Christ. I always hope and pray that they read those tracts and books and they affect their lives and even more they want to study one on one in the future. 

Translation Projects

I continued to translate two books, namely "Life-Changing Questions" and "Bible Study Program." Hopefully they will be closer to the end of translation so that later these books can be printed and used in Bible classes, personal reading, and even as a reference books that have rich information.

Online Bible Courses

I still regularly responded new enrollments and checked the answers of students submitted in these Online Bible Courses. The students came from various cities in Indonesia. In the city of Makassar itself, there has been no change from the previous students, there are still two students. Hopefully they will keep enthusiastic to complete the courses.

Virtual Bible Study for Prospects

The program is conducted on Thursday evening at 20.00 - 21.00 PM. The materials presented in these classes are related to the Online Bible Courses as posted on this website https://sabdainjil.com. Our team plan to present general topics of the Bible after all lessons in Bible courses presented. During the discussion sessions, we encourage prospects or students to ask questions, and teachers, including me, will answer those questions from the Bible. We also encourage those students to visit churches of Christ in their cities, like in Jakarta, Manado, Surabaya, and other cities. We never know, one day some of them will obey the gospel of Christ. 

Bible Class

Makassar Church of Christ continued to conduct the Bible classes on Sundays after worship using a book entitled "The Beginning of Our Confidence" (lessons designed for new Christians) as well as other topics. Hopefully, these lessons can help church members to grow in the knowledge of God's word.

Sunday Worship

We worship regularly at a rented building or sometimes at our house every Sunday. Sometimes brethren from other local congregations who come to Makassar also attend worship assembly at Makassar Church of Christ.
















Visiting The Sick At Hospital

One of my relatives has a breast cancer and has been undergoing series of chemo before surgery. I visited her on 23 September 2022. I prayed for her with her daughter who accompanied her during chemo. I encourage her to face with enthusiasm for chemo and I also gave her tracts to read.


Makassar, 04 Oktober 2022, 
Harun Tamale 

Mission Monthly Report in Makassar Under the supervision of GSJKDI Sawangan, Sawangan Village Jaga IV, Kec. Tombulu, Minahasa, North Sulawesi 95662. 
Email: haruntamale@gmail.com 
Blog: https://mission-report.blogspot.com/
logoblog