Jumat, 08 Juli 2022

Activities In June 2022

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19-20) 

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8). 

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (I Corinthians 15:58). 

The mission work in Makassar city in June 2022 went well. The activities that I did as follows:

Translating Tracts

I continued to translate the tracts. In June there were two titles: How to Study the Bible, and The Second Coming of Christ. I had sent them to Sawangan CoC for printing so that they can be distributed to a number of local congregations as well. 

In June I got acquainted with an evangelist in West Kalimantan, and offered him translated tracts and he was very grateful for them and Sawangan congregation will send them.


Distributing Tracts

I kept distributing tracts regularly that I always bring with me to a number of people. I always hope and pray that they will read the tracts they have received and one day they will be interested in face-to-face study and call my contact number listed on each tract.


Teaching Prospects

I went on to teach one prospect using Search For Truth lesson. We have finished lesson SFT 1 and will continue lesson SFT 2. I also offered the same prospect to take a Bible correspondence course and she started working on Lesson 1.


Continuation of Translation Projects

I continued to translate two books, namely "Life-Changing Questions" and "Bible Study Program." Hopefully they will be closer to the end of translation so that later these books can be printed and used in Bible classes, personal reading, and even as a reference books that have rich information.


Online Bible Courses

I still regularly responded new enrollments and checked the answers of students submitted in this Online Bible Courses. The students came from various cities in Indonesia. In the city of Makassar itself, there has been no change from the previous students, there are still two students. Hopefully they will keep to be enthusiastic to complete the courses. The students from other cities, who also wanted to study the Bible in private, I leave them to the evangelists who work in those cities, so they can follow up them.


Bible Class

Makassar Church of Christ continued to conduct the Bible classes on Sundays using a book called "The Beginning of Our Confidence" (lessons designed for new Christians) as well as certain other topics. Hopefully these lessons can help church members to grow in knowledge of truth.


Preaching At Limbangan Church of Christ in Semarang Central Java

When my two children and I went to Semarang, Central Java to attend my niece's wedding which was held on Saturday, 18 June 2022, the next day, on Sunday, 19 June 2022, I had the honor of preaching at Limbangan Church of Christ, Semarang, Central Java.

At this congregation on the same day I met one of the students of online Bible course who was previously also interested in face-to-face study and I submitted him to the church leaders at Limbangan congregation to follow up in teaching him. We chatted both before and after Sunday service was over about continuing the courses and face-to-face study. May he be "fertile soil" and willing to obey the gospel.


Mission Work Presentation Plan at Sawangan Church of Christ

I planned to make a visitation on 1-5 July 2022 to Sawangan congregation which is the supervisory and sponsoring congregation of the mission work in Makassar. I had communicated to the Sawangan congregation about the presentation plan of the mission work in Makassar (which has been going for 9 months) on Sunday, July 2, 2022. The Sawangan congregation welcomed this plan, and they even made a schedule for me to preach too.


Makassar, 30 June 2022, 
Harun Tamale 

Mission Monthly Report in Makassar Under the supervision of GSJKDI Sawangan, Sawangan Village Jaga IV, Kec. Tombulu, Minahasa, North Sulawesi 95662. 
Email: haruntamale@gmail.com 
Blog: https://mission-report.blogspot.com/
logoblog